|Mini Version of the Victoria Sandwich|
|From Isabella Beeton's, Mrs. Beeton's Household Management (London, 1861)|
- Use Your Own Gluten Free Self-Raising (Rising) Flour to Replace the Wheat Self Raising Flour.
- Make this flour by mixing together the following:
- 7.75 Ounces All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 3/4 Teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Xanthan Gum (add this even if there is xanthan gum in the flour)
- The Penguin Companion to Food by Alan Davidson, New York, 2002.
- The Oxford Companion to Sugar and Sweets, edited by Darra Goldstein, New York, 2015
- Larousse Gastronomique, Clarkson Potter Publishers, New York, 2001.
This version is gluten free and was absolutely delicious with
strawberry jam and lemon curd!